Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Experimentation and Getting Back Into the Swing

So, along with creating a beautiful new studio in my former living room, there were a few other changes in my life.  My husband came out of semi-retirement and took a full time + job.  Which shouldn't affect my day but, it has.  With his time being fully committed to his new job, many of the tasks and errands I had grown accustomed to not having to do have been put back on my plate.  Here's the problem with that.  Once they were off my plate, I filled my plate with other things - so my plate was never empty, just replenished with other things.  Art took on more of my time as I not longer had to go food shopping or do specific things around the house.  I was very aware of this and grateful on a daily basis for my new found dispensable time.  Now, here's the rub - I created a new space and have less time to spend in it.  But, I'm working on it and finding ways to get back into the studio.

I have completed a couple of pieces that I am posting here.  One is a faux encaustic experiment that I really like.  The other is a quilt that started as a random piece and then showed itself to me as the Buddha - and so it is.
  
7 3/4 " X 7 3/4 "  on 3/8" thick birch board

Here is a portion of the piece that shows the eye.

Here is a detail of the Third Eye that has been accented by an earring that I repurposed.

Here is the entire Buddha quilt, which is not an entire Buddha.  It takes a moment to see it but, then the face appears.  The measurements for this piece is 19" X 40".

So thanks for checking it out.  I appreciate any comments you want to share.  Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment