Monday, February 9, 2015

For Nancy D

Hi Nancy D!

You asked me a question but posted it via no-reply email.  I tried to find you in cyber space but could not.  So here is your answer.

When I posted that purse I was pressing the side seam open and stitching the handles down on each side.  As I made more of them I realized that I could simply make the handle, fold it in half (both the short and long one) and stitch them into the seam allowance before I finished the purse by putting them close to each end of the zipper. I doubled their strength by stitching them again when I finished the purse as I sewed the half circle that completed the bag portion.  I hope this is helpful.  If not send me an email at claudeblarson@yahoo.com and I will send pictures.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment