Saturday, January 24, 2015

More Secret Admirations

Keeping with my play time theme of Secret Admirations, I made another mixed media piece on an 8X8 inch canvas.  Once again I placed a quote around the edge to add interest to the piece and meaning from the giver to the recipient.  Here's a look, let me know what you think.


The piece started with some papers attached to the canvas and overpainted with Golden Fluid Acrylics.  Then I stenciled and added more hand painted papers and scrapbook scraps.  I also punched some flowers out of hand painted papers and card stock.  I used acrylic markers and permanent pens to add swirls, lines and dots around the canvas.  The stem is some photo paper that I had painted with alcohol inks.  The book page petals are attached with matte medium over hot pink tissue paper.


Once again I added a quote around the edge that reads in its entirety;

If every time I thought of you a flower bloomed, 
I would walk in my garden forever.  


Well, I have a few more pieces in various stages of completion but wanted to get back in the blogging habit.  Stay tuned for the upcoming work/play.  I am still not sure in which direction they will go but I am having fun in the process.  

As always, feel free to leave a comment and thanks for stopping by.  Stay Warm and Happy Shoveling from the newly snow carpeted hills of New Jersey.


1 comment: