Thursday, April 17, 2014

Rock Cairns Continued

After a hectic winter snow dying and shoveling mountains of the white stuff, I finally finished another rock cairn quilt.  This one has a hand dyed background with black and white batiks and one commercial print.  It is mounted on black and grey silk dupioni.

Keeping with the theme of what I like about rock cairns, this one is named "balance".  In a whole of so many black and whites - yes and no - and things to do - It is a reminder that it isn't all black and white, hence the shade of grey.


Ironically, I cannot get this image to be centered on the blog page.  HMMMMM coincidence?? I think not.  I'm letting it go.  


Final shot - here is one of the batiks that I collected at a quilt shop in Fairbanks, Alaska.  I have been adding to things here and there - so there it is.  

Thanks for checking out the newest release from my studio!  I'm glad you stopped by.  Feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.


3 comments:

  1. I was just looking at all of your rock quilts -- very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After this fierce and snowy winter, I can see why you needed to add a bright fuscia to your rock cairns. The Alaska batik is wonderful. So perfect for a rock. Keep up the interesting work.

    ReplyDelete