The cover was made with a paper that looks fine all in one piece.
The inside covers and flags were made with the monoprinted pages and some scrapbook papers and other random things from my stash.
I like how you can stand it on end and flare out the flags. It just makes it more interesting.
I liked the first one so much that I went on to make another. For this one I used some papers that I had painted with a method that I learned with Jane Davies while at the CREATE Retreat in Somerset, NJ.
The cover has some punched painted paper with some organza ribbon and buttons. The ribbon goes around the whole book and acts as a closure.
The flags were also random, I started a third one, still in progress with a theme. I just liked the way the colors came together.
Again, standing on end adds a bit of fun to the book.
And makes it look interesting from above.
The ribbon wraps around the book and ties at the opening when you want it to be shut.
Thanks for checking out the latest projects. I have a few more in the works and hope to have them completed and blogged soon. Feel free to leave a comment or question.