Sunday, November 13, 2011

More Circles - Aren't Circles so Addicting?

With one of Jane LaFazio's recycled circles projects behind me, I decided to make another one so that I would have some hand work to do while watch (actually listening to) TV.  Rather than frame this one, I mounted it on a studio canvas that I had purchased a while ago.  When in doubt, rummage through the studio and something always turns up.

Dimensions 12" X 12" mounted on Studio Canvas

I chose purple and yellow/gold as my color scheme and used a lot of little things I found around the studio as embellishments.  I like the piece, even though it might be considered (by my husband) to have an unusual color scheme.

Close up of the center which has a vintage shank button, (shank removed) as a focal point.

I gessoed and painted the canvas to match the background of the piece to help add a little more interest and unity to the piece.  It's ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger on the back.  

Thanks for looking and feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice and nice finish on the frame/wrap around.

    ReplyDelete