This piece uses some hand dyed fabrics that I made over the summer and some old book pages and left over fabric bits from my mermaid project.
The focal point is painted over the old book pages and then over painted and scrubbed with a blend of acrylics.
This is a close up of the many small pieces of fabric that I fused down to make the turquoise section. They were all left over from when I made my mermaid and I just couldn't throw them away.
This second painted quilt uses mostly my own hand dyed fabrics, along with red and yellow batiks and old book pages. I used gesso on the book pages and for the white stamp.
I added touches of red to keep the eye moving around the quilt.
The Pebeo setacolor transparent paint gives a real depth to the color of the hand dyes. I ripped the fabric so create some texture.
The leaves are a real focal point because their color is across the wheel from the blues and greens. I kept the stitching simple and again, overpainted with transparent setacolor paints.
Thanks for checking out my experiment. I'm off to my studio for another project - back to brain and studio searching for embellishments.