Sunday, October 2, 2011

CREATE Retreat Project Completed!

Well, the CREATE Retreat was my first art retreat ever and it was a truly fantastic experience.  Today I framed my recycled circle project that I had started in Jane LaFazio's class.  Although the pictures are behind glass, the piece really looks fantastic up close.

12" X 12" 

I framed the square in a shadow frame I bought at Michael's.  It has three spacers so you can choose the depth of the space you need for a piece.  It was perfect for this project.

Along with machine stitching, I did some hand stitching and added buttons and beads.


The circle really comes together and all the different elements blend to make a very nice effect.  I am very happy with the final outcome.  I plan to make another one - perhaps chartreuse and purple?  

Thank you Jane for such a great project idea!

5 comments:

  1. Envious! That is a beautiful piece! Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful. Love the creativity of doing the four different sections. It really adds dimension and uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, gorgeous !! Nara Guichon , from Brazil www.naraguichon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ! I just purchased her DVD .. Can't wait to try my hand at this project . Love her work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. me encanta tu tapiz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete