Saturday, May 28, 2011

Little Black Bag

Well, April was completely jam packed with stuff to do and places to go, none of which was art related so it seemed like an extremely long month.  May has been hectic but has included some art excursions so that is an improvement.  Last weekend my husband and I went into New York City to see a show - Million Dollar Quartet - which was a very fun show.  It was a Friday night show so we had a couple hours to kill and he asked me if I wanted to go to MOOD.  I was a bit surprised at the offer since his interest in a fabric store generally does not move the needle on his excite-o-meter off the zero mark.  I had often said I wanted to go and had never taken the time, so I jumped at the opportunity.  We found the place and headed into the famed Project Runway haunt.  Three floors of fabrics, Swatch the dog and a collection of helpful and well informed staff.  It was definitely fun to walk around and check out all the cool fabrics of every type, but having not expected the stop I had no list, mental or otherwise, prepared.  I eventually found myself selecting some habati silks that I can't find anywhere else that I shop and left there with MY LITTLE BLACK BAG.  Now that I know how conveniently located it is, I'm sure it won't be my last visit and next time I'll be prepared and ready for what is truly an overwhelming experience.

Aas little black bags go - this is a keeper!

Need a button?

There are three floors that look like this - You essentially need a GPS system or a trail of breadcrumbs.

3 comments:

  1. Me too!! Wish I could see into your back!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, how fun! I order from Mood online and love my "Little Black Canvas Tote Bag"
    Sounds like your visit was super fun,
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete