Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wanna Trade?

With another teabag quilt in the process of being made, I needed a change of pace.  Something small that I could just mess around with while I was also working on a larger project.  I sorted through my bin of fabric scraps with fusible on the back and decided to make a bunch of ATC starters with scraps and an iron.  I considered it a first layer that I could use each day when I needed a break from the larger project.  Then I rediscovered a pile of 5X7 mat boards of various colors that I bought a yard sale for a dollar and decided to mat some of the ATCs so they can fit in a standard frame.  I painted and stenciled and worked the mats until they were unrecognizable from their original form and then mounted some ATCs.  All of this is for an upcoming Art Studio Tour that I am taking organizing with a friend for the June.  They say you should have pieces of all sizes and price range, so these will be in the mix with some of the more detailed quilts.

Thanks for taking a look and if you are interested in trading a small unmatted ATC for one of mine - drop me an e-mail.


Mat size 5 X 7


Stencilled, stitched and beaded.


This ATC has been around a while so it needed a little highlighting.


I hammered the copper over a piece of denim to give it some texture.


Available for trading!


Available for trading!


Available for trading!


I am pretty happy about this little print.  I made this doodle about a year ago and kept it in a folder.  I added my name, (C) and 2011 to make it my logo for the back of all my works this year.  I had it turned into a Thermofax screen so I could use it as a label.  I figure next year I'll just make another doodle and make it my label for next year's work.  That way, when I am famous, they can tell when a piece was made. :)

5 comments:

  1. Your Art Cards look great mounted on those mats! I also like the idea of your screen print label. I especially like the leaf cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are exquisite. And the mat boards are very elegant. If I actually had some ATC's I'd trade you! Love the logo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, would be great to trade you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ATCs! if you'd like to trade one, let me know. Mine are here: http://www.lindarobertus.com/2010/09/thermofax-screen-postcards-and-atcs.html (scroll down to last photo)
    Best wishes from Australia,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work. I don't make ATCs but I do make postcards and would like to trade if you are interested. You can see my work at nidynoddyscorner.blogspot.com.

    Betyann Shaver

    ReplyDelete