Saturday, March 12, 2011

Little Golden Tree

Yet another teabag surface design quilt emerges.  I find that my continuation of this process is helping me get very comfortable with it.  This little tree uses a lot of the techniques of the larger, more colorful tree.  Snow-dyed fabric base, teabags with matte medium, candy wrappers, free-motion quilting, etc.  I did cut my own stencil for the birds in flight above the tree and used Shiva oil paintsticks to add them on.

Dimensions 8 1/2 " X 16"

Once again, I love the shimmer of the dupioni silk for the border.  This one is a combination copper and gold and really highlights the tree.

The bottom has some hand-stitched grass and seed bead "rocks".  I used variegated cotton floss.

I was pretty happy with how my hand made stencil of birds in flight looked above the tree.

Feel free to comment and make suggestions.  I appreciate everyone of you who take the time to do so.  

1 comment:

  1. I really like this....very pretty! I am now following your blog! Found you on quilt-art.

    ReplyDelete