Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Featured Artist Show and Reception

Hello Everyone!

I've been hard at work making a series of pieces that I just spent four hours hanging at The ARTery in Milford, PA.  I am one of two featured artists this month and my show begins tomorrow and runs through August 6th.  However, if you are in the area, there is an artist's reception this Saturday from 6 - 9 PM at The ARTery at 210 Broad St. Milford, PA.  Below are some preview pictures but there's lots to see, and some wine, snacks and music at the monthly Art After Dark event in Milford.  Hope to see you there!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Creative Workshops for TEENS @ The ARTery in Milford, PA

Here's the information about each of the workshops.  Contact me at if you have any other questions or you want to register.  Seating is limited.  Thanks.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Creative Art Workshops at the ARTery in Milford, PA

Join me on a Wednesday afternoon to create something beautiful.  Details and contact information are below. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day! 

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Public Display of Art-fection

It's taken me a while to get a collection large enough to display in a restaurant, but I finally accomplished this goal.  I kept either selling pieces or making art quilts that were not under glass and so I didn't have enough to put in a restaurant.  I didn't want to hang open textiles in a restaurant and risk having them take on the aromas of the food served there.  Now I have enough pieces that are either varnished or framed and under glass to display them.  Want to see them??

Visit Cafe Metro in Denville, NJ and check them out.  Here's a little preview.  But, I recommend you go in person and enjoy the delicious fare there.

And now that the weather has turned a bit colder, I've taken to the indoors a bit more.  Even with the holiday bustle I have found time to put my next inspiration of fabrics on the design wall. Stay tuned for what turns up!

Feel free to leave a comment or question.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the holiday season!!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Gallery Reception Tonight !!!

I'm happy to announce that for the first time ever I am a featured artist at a gallery.  The opening reception is tonight from 6 - 9 PM.  I'd love to see you if you can make it to The ARTery at 210 Broad Street, Milford PA.  Art, Wine, Food, Music and You!

Here's a piece that I made just for the show - it has two sisters - come meet the triplets!

Hope to see you there.  As always, feel free to leave a comment and thanks for visiting.  Have a great day!

Monday, July 17, 2017

Some of my latest work

It's been a while and I have been busy enjoying the summer and making some decent progress in my studio.  I have decided that for my upcoming featured artist show in August, I should pick a theme.  I have been drawing feathers in my sketchbook for a while now, so I went with that.  I also can't help myself from making abstract work so there's some of that too.  Man, Random Acts of Piece is the perfect name for my studio.

Here's the goods.

18" X 18" mounted on gallery wrapped canvas

Hand-dyed cottons, snow-dyed vintage linens, batiks, silk, upholstery and cross weave.  This piece was inspired by the multicolored batik that creates a strip across the center.

Some close ups.

Snow dying vintage linens is a lot of fun.

A friend gave me this scrap of upholstery.

Here it is mounted on canvas and wired up to hang,

This feather is made of snow dyed fabric and batik.  It is mounted on a 12" X 24" canvas that I painted with acrylics and varnished.

I did some free motion quilting.

another close up.

This feather was quilted and facing finished.  It is stitched to a background that I made from a pile of vintage inn scraps that I stitched together, quilted and then dyed with teal dye.  The silk came out a bit green but I like the overall effect.

Each vintage linen has it's own dye value and texture so it really makes the background interesting.

And, here is the random small piece.  I named it Madras, after those popular summer plaids.  It's 6" X 6" and mounted on a 3/4 " birch cradle board.  

Thanks for checking out the blog.  Hope to see you at the ARTery in Milford, Pennsylvania.  My reception is on August 12th from 6 - 9.  Wine, food, art, music and artists - come join us!

Feel free to leave me any comments or questions.  Have a wonderful day!!